|Print this page|
New South Wales Minerals Council
|Sub Category:||Representative Body|
|Location:||New South Wales, Australia|
|Click this link to search this location with google maps|
|The New South Wales Minerals Council is the peak mining industry association in New South Wales, representing the interests of mineral producers, explorers and extractive material producers.|
The Council was formed in April 1995 as a result of a merger between the New South Wales Coal Association and the New South Wales Chamber of Mines.
The Council's major aims are to:
- provide a strong, unified voice for the New South Wales minerals industry;
- encourage members to pursue the highest standards of occupational health and safety and environmental management;
- achieve an environment in which the industry can operate profitably;
- ensure that members have appropriate access to mineral resources and to land for exploration purposes;
- influence governments to ensure that the legislative and regulatory framework is appropriate for an industry which is operating in highly competitive domestic and international markets;
- ensure the community understands the benefits of a modern, environmentally-responsible, minerals industry;
- to be an accepted and credible partner with educators in New South Wales in the delivery of information about the industry.
Was this useful? Click here to fill in the ATNS survey